[Haskell-cafe] RE: Definition of the Haskell standard library

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Wed Aug 1 19:28:08 EDT 2007

Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> When you install packages A,B,C, the documentation for A,B,C (and nothing
 > else) ought to be locally available as an integrated whole, much as at
> the GHC web site.  I don't know whether Cabal does, or could do, that,
> but it's surely what one would expect.

and would take some educating of users, like me who tend to use online
resources even when there are equivalent local files available. Maybe
mentioning it in the User's Guide or somewhere on the website would be
enough.
Actually sometimes I user-install library packages, not for the whole
system; then should there be an integrated whole anywhere?

Isaac