cabal ignores ld-options?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 19:02:39 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 13:57 +0100, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps there should be a mechanism to include arbitrary extra .o
> > files into the archive that cabal produces, but remember that this
> > would be totally ghc-specific. No other Haskell implementations use
> > archives or can necessarily link arbitrary .o files.
>
> *cough* nhc98

Oh ok :-).

So some (at least nhc, ghc and jhc) support linking to arbitrary .o
files. So is this a feature that should be exposed through cabal do you
think? I'm pretty sure there are implementations which do not support
this: yhc and hugs, though I don't really know how hugs or yhc's ffi
support works so I might be wrong about that.

> Not that Cabal actually supports nhc98 yet...

We'll gladly accept patches :-)

Duncan