Josef Svenningsson josef.svenningsson at
Mon Oct 23 11:50:21 EDT 2006

On 10/22/06, Clifford Beshers <clifford.beshers at> wrote:
> Josef Svenningsson wrote:
> >
> > I think Jón's suggestion 'intercalate' was pretty sweet. I've chosen
> > to use that name in my patch.
> Could you add the definition (or a reference) to the patch?  It would be
> nice to make sure people know that the Haskell community didn't make it up.

Do you think that's really necessary? We don't have explanations for
intersperse, transpose, partition, insert, intersect, union etc. Nor
do we make excuses for names like nub or mapAccumL. Is there a
particular reason for explaining the name 'intercalate'?

All the best,