4th Cabal-1.1.6 release candiate

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 9 15:34:12 EDT 2006

Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> > > I could do with some help in fixing this.
> >
> > You could try using the --unlit option of cpphs,
>
> I think the Distribution.PreProcess.Unlit module was taken from an early
> version of cpphs.

Probably it came from hmake, whose version of Unlit strips leading
whitespace for the purpose of recognising import statements (to make
them begin at column 0).  Better to steal the version from nhc98 or
cpphs, which does not strip whitespace.

> One possibility would be to update to the latest cpphs
> unlit code, but for that of course we'd need your permission as the
> copyright licenses are different.

The unlit code in cpphs was largely taken from an early version of the
Haskell Report.

> Is there anyway to identify the cpphs version from running it? I don't
> see any --version flag or similar.

cpphs --version exists, and is documented.

Regards,
    Malcolm