(no subject)

Bjorn Bringert bringert at cs.chalmers.se
Mon May 22 13:10:20 EDT 2006

I'm moving this thread over to the libraries list. For those new to
the thread, it is about replacing the current Network.CGI module with
the NewCGI library.

On May 22, 2006, at 8:06 AM, Lemmih wrote:

> On 5/22/06, Simon Marlow <simonmar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5/22/06, Lemmih <lemmih at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > NewCGI already supports POST data.
>> > http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~bringert/darcs/haskell-cgi/doc/
>>
>> Slightly off-topic, but maybe NewCGI should take over as Network.CGI?
>> The current implementation isn't maintained, AFAIK.
>
> I volunteer to do the actual bone work if consensus is reached.

I'd also be happy to do whatever work is needed for this. I'm still
actively maintaining NewCGI. Here is a list of current features:

- Access to CGI parameters (e.g. form input) from both GET and POST
requests.
- Access to CGI environment variables.
- Ability to set arbitrary response headers.
- Support for HTTP cookies.
- An efficient implementation of multipart/form-data using
Data.ByteString. This allows for efficient handling of file uploads.
- Wrapper functions for compatibility with the existing Network.CGI
module.
- A CGI monad transformer.
- Basic exception handling and logging (these should be improved)
- Low-level run functions that allow using NewCGI programs with
protocols other than CGI, for example FastCGI (http://
www.cs.chalmers.se/~bringert/darcs/haskell-fastcgi/doc/).

/Björn