6.4.2 release plans

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 23:49:53 EST 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:54:03 +0900, Duncan Coutts
<duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> We have 2 patches. One to fix compilation of OpenAL:
> http://haskell.org/~gentoo/gentoo-haskell/portage/dev-lang/ghc/files/ghc-6.4.1-openal.patch
> (I know this is fixed in darcs, I've not checked cvs ghc-6.4-branch)

OpenAL's configure.ac uses different form that is compared by OpenGL
and GLUT, and also darcs repositories ALUT. So now version - both cvs
ghc-6.4-branch and darcs - can't build on Mac OS X platform.

And cvs ghc-6.4-branch's OpenAL has also some problems, so can't
build under Windows platform, either.

http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/libraries/2005-September/004399.html

I think best solution is:

1. to change darcs repository OpenAL's configure.ac form that is same as
ALUT,
    OpenGL and GLUT.
2. then, to merge darcs repository's OpenAL.

--
shelarcy <shelarcy capella.freemail.ne.jp>
http://page.freett.com/shelarcy/