registering packages in ghc using a directory of package files

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 08:17:31 EST 2006

Duncan Coutts wrote:

> Attached is the current patch I'm testing.

I think I've said in the past that in principle I like the idea.  I'll
commit your patch.

In terms of making this a feature we advertise in the documentation, I
think we could tweak the details a bit.  I had in mind allowing
-package-conf to specify either a directory or a file, with the obvious
interpretation.

Also, with your patch, each file in package.conf.d contains a list of
packages.  Having just a single package per file seems cleaner, unless
you have a good reason to want the possibility for multiples.  I realise
this means wider-ranging changes.

Cheers,
	Simon