library reorganisation

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Mar 3 20:17:45 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:46:30AM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> I just had an interesting idea though: if a package could re-expose
> modules from a dependent package, then we could provide a new view of
> the base package with the GHC.* modules hidden.  This is tantalising,
> because it seems easy to implement... I must think about this some more.

FWIW, this is what I plan to allow in jhc for just that reason. (it
would also allow the reexporting module to be re-optimized with a
smaller world assumption, with the caveat being possible code
duplication for programs that use Jhc.* directly)

although jhc libraries and ghc packages arn't quite the same, they are
pretty similar in most user-visible ways.

        John
--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈