Restructured version of the Streams library

Takano Akio aljee at hyper.cx
Thu Jun 15 09:42:16 EDT 2006

Hi Bulat,

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:22:18 +0400
Bulat Ziganshin <bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> how about redesigning Streams 0.2 library? i've just uploaded current
> state-of-the-art as http://freearc.narod.ru/StreamsBeta.tar.gz
>
> it also requires http://freearc.narod.ru/ArrayRef.tar.gz to be installed
>
> we can ask Simon Marlow to establish darcs repository for the lib

You mean we could cooperate on redisigning your library? That would
be great!

> > Thank you for pointing out the design flaw. I'm going to fix it.
>
> how? :)  i think it is impossible

I think it can be done by providing a special input-only buffering
transformer that remembers the position at the point of the last
"fill" operation. If you want to discard the buffer, you can simply
seek to the remembered position. This should work well unless the
content of the file changes.

Regards,
Takano Akio