ANN: Edison 1.2RC4

Robert Dockins robdockins at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 2 10:48:09 EDT 2006

On Jun 2, 2006, at 10:31 AM, Jim Apple wrote:
> On 6/2/06, Robert Dockins <robdockins at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>> Does Okasaki say what the bounds should be for this
>> implementation?  I imagine it's O(log n), but my lazy-amortized-
>> complexity-analysis-fu isn't very good...
>
> I don't have the book out from the library anymore. Anybody?
>
> There's also a paper & a thesis he wrote covering much of the same
> material. Some of the bounds might be in there.

I'll look around and see what I can find.  As I recall, he doesn't
specifically mention the bounds for these operations for this
implementation, but it's been a little while since I looked.

> We should probably also check the other exercises in the book to make
> sure the other bounds listed in the Haddock documentation for the
> other data structures are correct.

That's a good idea.  I'll do a quick audit before the release to see
if I can spot any other obvious errors.

> Jim

Rob Dockins

Speak softly and drive a Sherman tank.