updates to HaXml (1.13.1 and 1.16)

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Jul 10 09:35:45 EDT 2006

Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

> >     darcs get http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/darcs/HaXml
>
> I'm currently trying the latest version from the Darcs repository. The
> Canonicalise* examples output a lot of spaces within tags.

Yes, that is expected behaviour, due to the pretty printer.  In order to
avoid adding extra whitespace around text (which could be significant),
yet still preserve the hierarchical structure of the tree (by
indentation), all "structuring" whitespace is placed inside the tags
themselves.

I agree it is not ideal behaviour.  I would like to offer the
possibility of more traditional indentation as well (as an option).
No-one has yet coded it however.

Regards,
    Malcolm