Control.Monad.Identity documentation

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at
Mon Dec 18 21:46:41 EST 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at>

> I know the deadline is up, but...

No problem. Deadline is just another nudge to start a discussion :-)

> "Rendered by Michael Weber at,
> inspired by the Haskell Monad Template Library from Andy Gill
> (";
> I can see the use of linking to papers describing modules, or linking
> to sources of information where further details can be found, but I
> can't remember many other modules which just have links to the
> authors? If author credit is needed, wouldn't the source code be a
> better place to put it?

Well, this message was about all the documentation for most of the modules in Control.Monad packages.
I just left it in place.

Do you suggest to move this notice to non-haddock comments?
I'm for it.

> The bit at the top of description seems useful.

Great. I'll include these descriptions for other monads too.

> The example seems
> awfully long. How about putting the example on a wiki, and then having
> a link to say where further details and an example can be found?

The Identity documentation does not have any examples :-)
I assume this comment about the Error module documentation.
I'll respond to you in that thread.

Do You Yahoo!?