Data.List documentation improvements

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 22:21:37 EST 2006

Hi

> | I think what is really needed is for Haddock to have some kind of
> | "show source" link that shows the source for a function inline in the
> | documentation without opening a new page. Often the best documentation
> | for a function is its definition.
>
> I believe that Simon M has already implemented exactly that.  I'm not sure whether it takes extra flags or what.

He has implemented something similar, see
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/projects/filepath/System-FilePath-Version_0_11.html#v%3AreplaceExtension
for an example - click on the source link and it hops to the right
place (using HsColour to colourise and tag the source file).

I was more thinking of an "AJAX style" thing where the documentation
appears in the same page, rather than linking to a separate page which
contains it.

Thanks

Neil