System.Posix.User is inadequate

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 10:03:21 EDT 2006

John Goerzen wrote:
> On 2006-08-30, John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:
>
>>On 2006-08-24, Simon Marlow <simonmarhaskell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Maybe, if you send a patch today...
>>
>>Well, it's a little late, but I've sent a patch along.  I'll be working
>>on getpwent/getgrent yet and should send a patch for that shortly.
>

> FWIW: I have tried to test the new code, but can't, because I'm getting
> this when I run ghci -package unix:

> /tmp/lib/unix-1.0/ghc-6.4.2/HSunix-1.0.o: unknown symbol `lstat'
> ghc-6.4.2: unable to load package `unix-1.0'
>
> This is on GHC 6.4.2, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Interesting, I don't know why that might happen, but I do recally someone else
reporting the same thing.

I don't have any references to 'lstat' from my HSunix.o.

Did you compile up this package using Cabal?  I wonder if it is perhaps because
it wasn't compiled with -fvia-C, or something.

Cheers,
	Simon