Packages in GHC 6.6

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Wed Aug 23 13:15:16 EDT 2006

Simon Marlow wrote:
> On 23 August 2006 14:27, Chris Kuklewicz wrote:
>
>>> I need to add some build system stuff for GHC: Makefile,
>>> package.conf.in, and possibly configure.ac.  Instead of the fps
>>> dependency, there will be a base>=2.0 dependency (ideally we would
>>> have conditional dependencies, but Cabal support for that isn't
>>> ready yet).
>>>
>> I don't have GHC past 6.4.2, so I'll have to let you do all that.
>
> No problem, I've already started but didn't have time to finish so far.
> Hopefully tomorrow.

I just pushed a (head and stable) version of regex-base,posix,compat with more
boilerplate haddock and more comments.  The Examples have not been added, but it
is getting better.

>>> Since time is short, I plan to integrate regex-base, regex-compat and
>>> regex-posix today, then I'll pull over any changes you make.  I'll do
>>> this by replicating your trl-stable darcs repo and morphing it into
>>> each of the smaller repos, that way we don't lose history, and the
>>> repo isn't large to begin with.
>> "morph"?
>
> As in, just move the files around so that the repo turns into just
> regex-base, and similarly for regex-posix etc.
>
>> The oldest version of the repository was "Text.Regex.Lazy" and was an
>> unorganized mix of compat/parsec/dfa/devel without any
>> base/posix/pcre/tre.
>>
>> The loss of history a this stage would not be too terrible.
>
> Should I just create fresh repos then?  I don't mind either way.

"Since time is short", just do whichever is fastest.

If you convert and separate all the packages, then I suggest the top level
Example*.hs and Makefile be kept as the top level of the separated regex-devel
package.  Otherwise I expect that I can convert it like that after I get an account.

--
Chris