libpcap Binding & Cabal Question

Dominic Steinitz dominic.steinitz at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Apr 22 11:09:30 EDT 2006

On Friday 14 Apr 2006 1:45 pm, Gregory Wright wrote:
> Hi Dominic,
>
> I wrote the binding so I'll try to have a look at the problem over the
> weekend.  I've been meaning to Cabalize it for a while...perhaps
> the list will give advice that will let you get there first!

I haven't cabalized it yet but I did manage to get it working. In case anyone
is interested, I've put a darcsized copy of the code here:

darcs get http://www.haskell.org/networktools/src/pcap

1. Install libpcap. I used 0.9.4.
2. autoheader
3. autoconf
4. ./configure
5. hsc2hs Pcap.hsc
6. ghc -o test test.hs --make -lpcap -fglasgow-exts

Greg,

Can you test it works for you? I'm assuming your system supports sa_len. Mine
doesn't.

Dominic.