Reason of OpenAL uses ccall, even on WinDoze ....

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Sun Oct 23 07:40:06 EDT 2005

Am Samstag, 22. Oktober 2005 17:24 schrieb Duncan Coutts:
> I thought it was rather the other way around. I was under the impression
> that most Win32 DLLs use the ccall calling convention and that it was
> only the windows system dlls that use the stdcall convention. [...]

Hmmm, I thought that at least Microsoft itself more or less equated "DLL" and
"stdcall", e.g. Visual Basic can only handle "stdcall" DLLs, at least up to
and including version 6.0:

   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;153586

I don't know if that has changed. Happily enough, I don't have to use
VB... :-)

Cheers,
  S.