Cabal Problem

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Tue Nov 8 03:25:52 EST 2005

"Russell, Daniel J" <djrussell at kingston.ac.uk> writes:

> I am trying to install the Haskell Crypto package using Cabal.
>
> I have a problem when using Cabal. I have installed NewBinary-0.1 but when trying to configure the Crypto library using
>

> Setup.exe configure --prefix=h:\NewHaXml
>

> I receive the message:
>

> Configuring Crypto-2.0.3...
>
> configure: Dependency base-any: using base-1.0
>
> configure: Dependency mtl-any: using mtl-1.0
>
> configure: Dependency QuickCheck-any: using QuickCheck-1.0
>
> configure: Dependency HUnit-any: using HUnit-1.1
>
> Setup.exe: cannot satisfy dependency NewBinary-any

Can you show us all of the configure output?  In particular, I wonder
if it's using the right and ghc-pkg?  Make sure it's the same ghc-pkg
you use when you run ghc-pkg list.

> This suggests that a NewBinary package does not exist but ghc-pkg list returns:
>

> h:\Cfgs\ie\AppData\ghc\i386-mingw32-6.4\package.conf:
>
>     Cabal-1.1.4, NewBinary-0.1

Is this installed as --user by chance?  That doesn't look like a
--user path, but let us know where it shows up in the list; or just
try configuring with --user.

peace,

  isaac