Cabal Problem

Russell, Daniel J djrussell at kingston.ac.uk
Mon Nov 7 13:24:39 EST 2005

I am trying to install the Haskell Crypto package using Cabal.

I have a problem when using Cabal. I have installed NewBinary-0.1 but when trying to configure the Crypto library using

Setup.exe configure --prefix=h:\NewHaXml

I receive the message:

Configuring Crypto-2.0.3...

configure: Dependency base-any: using base-1.0

configure: Dependency mtl-any: using mtl-1.0

configure: Dependency QuickCheck-any: using QuickCheck-1.0

configure: Dependency HUnit-any: using HUnit-1.1

Setup.exe: cannot satisfy dependency NewBinary-any

This suggests that a NewBinary package does not exist but ghc-pkg list returns:

h:\Cfgs\ie\AppData\ghc\i386-mingw32-6.4\package.conf:

    Cabal-1.1.4, NewBinary-0.1

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Dan Russell