Haddock Options in Cabal

ross at soi.city.ac.uk ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Sun May 22 07:08:32 EDT 2005

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 07:56:10AM +0100, Dominic Steinitz wrote:
> I want to generate my documentation with the following options:

> Is there a way of doing this in Cabal?  I didn't think there was as
> looking at the code, neither prehaddock or posthaddock hooks would help:

I think you're right about the hooks.  Cabal ought to be changed to add
the package options itself, as it has the information (build-depends).
In general you'd need to do a transitive closure, but one could also
require authors to list all packages containing modules they use directly.
Another problem is that some of the build-depends packages might not
contain libraries.

The CVS version of Haddock, if compiled with GHC >= 6.4, has an option
--use-package as a shortcut for -i.

On the other hand I think --source should be an option to setup haddock.