Relax the Either monad

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 17:05:10 EST 2005

Hello,
Note: this is shamless plug :-)
I agree with pretty much all you say, except that I tend to think of
the error monad as an abstract type, and not assume that it is the
Either type.   This is how things are done in the monad library I
implemented (www.cse.ogi.edu/~diatchki/monadLib).  In principle it is
very similar to the library distributed with GHC, so it should be easy
to pick up.
-Iavor