Time Library 0.1

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jul 6 07:29:59 EDT 2005

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Simon Marlow wrote:
> On 06 July 2005 12:01, Tony Finch wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Simon Marlow wrote:
> >
> > "this time tomorrow" is not well-defined. What happens then the clocks
> > change?
>
> It's well-defined unless the current time doesn't exist tomorrow, which
> can happen if a DST switch or leap second happens.  In these cases I'd
> expect either (a) a sensible rollover, or (b) an error, or possibly both
> behaviours to be available.

There can also be multiple possible answers when the clocks go back.
Perhaps the result type should be a list.

It's probably useful to decouple normalization of a possibly-invalid
date/time specification, from converstion to a linear time scale.

Tony.
BISCAY: WEST 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SHOWERS AT FIRST. MODERATE OR
GOOD.