Time Library 0.1

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 6 07:23:53 EDT 2005

On 06 July 2005 12:01, Tony Finch wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Simon Marlow wrote:
>
>> I just had a little look around, mainly at System.Time.Calendar.  I
>> think the structure is rather complicated - I wanted to find out how
>> to get a CalendarTime for "this time tomorrow", and ended up with
>> this:
>
> "this time tomorrow" is not well-defined. What happens then the clocks
> change?

It's well-defined unless the current time doesn't exist tomorrow, which
can happen if a DST switch or leap second happens.  In these cases I'd
expect either (a) a sensible rollover, or (b) an error, or possibly both
behaviours to be available.

The question is, what's the result of encodeUTC for an invalid
CalendarTime.  Does it roll over the out-of-range fields?  What happens
if you ask for Feb 29 in a non-leap year, for example?

Cheers,
	Simon