Cabal vs Haskell (was RE: build-depends harmful (was RE: import resolution))

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 21 04:55:11 EDT 2005

Hi Alex,

I'm going to take a break from this discussion for a while.  If I
responded to your previous message, I feel I'd be repeating a lot of
things I've already said in this thread, and not really making any
progress.

That's not to say there isn't progress to be made.  I suggest that if
you want to propose a change to Haskell and/or Cabal, you write it down
as precisely as possible and send it to the list.  If possible, separate
proposals into smaller parts - separate changes to the Haskell
definition from changes to the package system and changes to Cabal.

Cheers,
	Simon