exposed packages and cabal depends

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Fri Apr 8 11:09:05 EDT 2005

This choice adds complexity without adding value.

The simplest approach would be for -i to take precedence over default
packages.

The -hide-all-packages approach creates much higher risk of testing in
a package context out of sync with the world at large.

What we really need is a community consensus system (wiki or dns) for
mapping module names to package locations and for implementations to
interpret modules in this context.

Package names that are not URLs add complexity without value.

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson tel:917-770-6565 http://alexjacobson.com