Testing library modules

Graham Klyne gk at ninebynine.org
Thu Apr 7 06:17:38 EDT 2005

I've just discovered that my recent checkins of Network.URI were not
safe.  I thought that I had run the changes against my test suite, but just
discovered that the test suite was actually being compiled against the
version of Network.URI shipped with GHC 6.4.

I had expected the "-i" option on the GHC command line (see below) to
override the shipped version of Network.URI.

As it happens, I've now checked the new module is OK by forcibly renaming
the Network.URI files that were installed with GHC 6.4.  But this raises a
concern for me:  how can I safely and reliably test a replacement version
of a GHC-shipped library module?

#g
--

Batch file used to compile test suite on Windows:
[[