Sven Panne Sven.Panne at
Wed Oct 20 11:26:23 EDT 2004

Henrik Nilsson wrote:
> [...] (Unless everyone
> uses "cpphs", then, which ultimately would seem like a good idea.)

If you mean "everyone happy with a LGPL", then I would agree. But GHC and
Hugs use a BSD-style license, so cpphs is not an option for them. After
some googling and testing I found MCPP (,
which is a highly configurable preprocessor with a small footprint and a
BSD license. Shipping this as an internal tool with GHC 6.4 and the next
Hugs release (especially for use with the hugs-package tool) should be
possible, I see what I can do...

P.S.: Ross, any schedule for a Hugs release yet?