Haskell Libraries Wishlist

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Oct 13 15:03:44 EDT 2004

On 2004-10-12, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> > Syslog support
>
> I see that the syslog module you use has the values of the C
> constants hard-coded into the source code. You might want to

Yes.  I did some research on that and it appears that these values are
the same everywhere.  In particular, Python's syslog module hard-codes
them as well.  So there appears to be no harm to it.

In any case, I did first write a Syslog with FFI, but really wanted to
keep MissingH 100% pure Haskell.  So thanks for the offer, but until
someone finds a system where the values are actually different, I think
I'll keep the code as-is.

(Such a system would cause a lot of hassle with logging over the
network, too).