Haskell Libraries Wishlist

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Oct 12 16:37:15 EDT 2004

John Goerzen writes:

 > E-Mail header, MIME codec

The sources at <http://cryp.to/hsemail/> have already been
mentioned. The modules don't do everything they possible
could (e.g. there is no direct MIME support). But they
provide a solid foundation on top of which one could build
it, I think.

 > IPv6 Support

I also need IPv6 support. If anyone is working on this
already, I'd be willing to help/test/contribute code. I'd be
willing to do it myself, too, but it might be a while until
I come around to this.

 > Syslog support

I see that the syslog module you use has the values of the C
constants hard-coded into the source code. You might want to
look at <http://cryp.to/syslog/> for a version which uses
hsc2hs to do this portably. You could probably just copy the
few hsc2hs-specific lines into your own code to fix the
problem.

Peter

P. S.: Well, and while I'm at it, I'd also like to mention
that I've just put up my own very long-winded implementation
of "timeout" as well: <http://cryp.to/childs/>. This is the
libraries list after all. :-)