Network.CGI, POST and QUERY_STRING

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 5 07:37:36 EDT 2004

On 04 October 2004 20:39, Graham Klyne wrote:

> FWIW, Bjorn Bringert has improved and big-fixed Warrick Gray's HTTP in
> several ways, available from:
>
>    http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d00bring/haskell-xml-rpc/http.html
>
> I've used this with greater success than I had with the original.
>
> Also, I've implemented an updated URI parser/processor, based on the
> new work-in-progress URI specification, which is available at:
>
>    http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/Intro.html#HaskellURI
>    http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/HaskellUtils/Network/
>
> (The latter URI also contains a slightly modifed version of Bjorn's
> HTTP, that works with my URI module.)
>
> I am hoping/planning to contribute these to the Haskell common
> libraries, but have been waiting for (a) the new URI spec to be
> ratified, and (b) me having tome to make sure the small interface
> changes in my version of URI handling won't be too problematic for
> others.

I'd like to get your revised URI library into GHC 6.4, which we plan to
release in roughly a month's time.  This is the time to make possibly
breaking changes to library interfaces, which we only do for a new major
release - minor releases never change library APIs.

So even if the URI spec isn't ratified yet, I think it might be prudent
to make the switch now.

Cheers,
	Simon