Heirarchical name space allocation /Trees

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Wed Mar 31 15:15:32 EST 2004

Adrian Hey wrote:
> Does the Data.Trees.AVL code exist yet? If not I could donate my
> implementation. I put quite a bit of effort into producing what
> I believe should be a fairly fast implemenation.

The Tree, Seq, Set, Bag and Map stuff should be designed uniformly and
therefore be laid into a single hand, i.e. JP Bernardy?, at least initially.

Rather than enforcing uniformity by a collection class (as proposed
elsewhere), I would like uniformity at the module level wrt. exported
functions and types. The hierarchy should allow for several different
implemenations of one type with (almost) the same module interface.

The current problem is agreeing on interfaces, while there exist quite a
few implementations (from which we can pick all the good ones).

We should consider your code and (let you) adapt it to an (yet unknown)
interface in order to easy performance measures.

Christian