new Library Infrastructure spec.

Iavor S. Diatchki diatchki at cse.ogi.edu
Mon Jun 14 12:39:41 EDT 2004

hello,

this discussion has become rather confusing, i lost track of all the
roles that were intrduced,
so forgive me if i am asking an obvios question.  is the following
possible (and simple):

i am a linux user, and i want to download and play with a haskell
(binary) library (say wxHaskell).
however i am at university, where i don't have root permisions, so i
cannot use rpm
(as it has fixed installation path).  so i just want to put the library
in my home directory and use it,
but i don't want to have to recompile it, as this is slow and may
require tools i don't have or i don't
know how to use.  furthermore, if i don't like the library i should be
able to still delete it,
and somehow inform my haskell implementation that the library is not
there anymore.

i have been in such situations very often (on windows machines too), and
i hope that with the
LIP this is not too hard to do.

bye
iavor