copyFile function in Haddock, VSHaskell & Cabal

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com
Thu Jul 29 03:39:51 EDT 2004

It might be worth lifting copyContents too; I've written this and I've seen
it in hws-wp. I called it pipe, and in hws-wp it's called squirt.

Perhaps something like this (untested!), in System.IO:

hPipe :: Handle -> Handle -> Int -> IO ()
hPipe hFrom hTo bufferSize = do
  allocaBytes bufferSize bufferedPipe
  where
    bufferedPipe buffer = do
      count <- hGetBuf hFrom buffer bufferSize
      when (count > 0) $ do
        hPutBuf hTo buffer count
        bufferedPipe buffer

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this
message, and any attachments, may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. It is intended solely for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received
material from any computer.