Library Infrastructure, HaXml and Windows

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Tue Jan 20 09:56:04 EST 2004

I'm looking into testing the Library infrastructure software under Windows
(initially using GHC), but am running into a hurdle regarding HaXml.  As
far as I can tell, there is no script for building a Windows version of HaXml.

Looking at the HaXml kit it looks as if the easiest way to try and to this
will be to find a suitable version of make (i.e. compatible with whatever
is used to build the HaXml package), and use that in conjunction with the
Makefiles supplied.

Can anyone point me at a suitable version of make to run on Windows (2K/XP)?

An alternative possibility might be to use GHC --make, but I'm not
sufficiently familiar with the GHC package framework or the HaXml build
structure to know if this is possible.  The HaXml release notes suggest it
is, but I don't see how to do it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

#g
--