Win32 libraries for Haskell

Graham Klyne gk at ninebynine.org
Tue Feb 3 12:53:32 EST 2004

At 11:15 03/02/04 +0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
>I'm not sure how to make progress here.  Is anyone else interested or
>willing to take ownership of libraries/win32?  (Graham?  Krasimir?)
>This isn't a GHC specific thing -- I believe/hope the same libraries
>should work equally well for Hugs.

Hmmm... I took a peek at the Library/Win32 stuff in the GHC source
distribution, and it looks as if there may a steep-ish learning
curve.  While I'm prepared in principle to help where I can, I'm concerned
about over-commitment...

>The situation seems to be this:
>
>* Sigbjorn is actively maintaining hslibs/win32 for Galois reasons, and
>is
>    reluctant to transfer to libraries/win32 because it's untested (I'm
>assuming
>    that the Green-Card dependency is soluble by putting the GC output
>    in the CVS tree).  Fair enough.

That might remove one learning-curve dependency... are there disadvantages
to doing this?

I also noted the lack of a test suite:  is there one for hslibs that might
be migrated?

#g