Toward a Unified Packaging System

Isaac Jones ijones@syntaxpolice.org
Thu Sep 11 16:32:25 EDT 2003

"Simon Peyton-Jones" <simonpj@microsoft.com> writes:

> Learning from existing systems is definitely the Right Thing, and the
> discussion among experts can use as much terminology as is useful, but
> I'm still hoping ultimately for a presentation that does not assume you
> are already au fait with other systems.

I'm working on a document to bring all of this together, more or less,
but I wanted to broach the topic of the packaging system since I
believe much of the design for the L.I.P. is predicated upon that, and
not all interested parties heard my presentation.

But the document will be based on the wiki page, my talk, and
discussion here and in email, and I will get it to all of you ASAP :)

peace,

isaac