Toward a Unified Packaging System

Thu Sep 11 15:26:18 EDT 2003

| Isaac has a rather nice writeup in the Wiki:
|=20
|    http://haskell.org/hawiki/LibraryInfrastructure

It's a great start, but (for example) the key section (2) has
"DistUtils" as a heading, which means nothing to me, and talks of
python-style distutils.  I'm utterly ignorant of Python.

Learning from existing systems is definitely the Right Thing, and the
discussion among experts can use as much terminology as is useful, but
I'm still hoping ultimately for a presentation that does not assume you
are already au fait with other systems. =20

S=20