Soliciting Comments on DSP Library

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
20 May 2003 09:46:49 +0200

Matthew Donadio <m.p.donadio@ieee.org> writes:

> The Stat library could really live anywhere.  It only contains functions
> for mean, median, variance, and std. dev.

I think we should have a library of statistics routines somewhere in
the "official" hierarchy.  I don't think it belongs under DSP, perhaps
not even under Numeric?

I have a bunch of functions (which I hesitate to call a library) that
duplicates SAS's 'uniVar' functionality (what you mention above, as
well as skew, kurtosis, and sums of squares) and which also does
quantiles and some pretty printing.  Ranging from simple to trivial,
but well working IMHO, so I'd be happy to submit it if anybody wants
it.

(I've also got some more stuff for dealing with distributions
(e.g. generating randoms from a specific distribution, calculating
p-values, and so on), ANOVA and tests, but I haven't fleshed that part
out enough for it to be very useful outside my own programs.)

-kzm