Foreign.GreenCard.StdDIS (was Re: X11 libraries)

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
Thu, 15 May 2003 16:28:23 +0100

Alastair Reid <alastair@reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk> writes:

> The GreenCard distrib contains what ought to be the master copy of the
> StdDIS.{gc,hs} so I figure > it ought to be made a proper library package,
> put in the hierarchial library namespace, etc.
>
>   Foreign.GreenCard.StdDIS.hs
>   GreenCard.StdDIS.hs
>   Apps.GreenCard.StdDIS.hs
>   <SomeOtherPrefix>.GreenCard.StdDIS.hs
>
> A variant on this is to recognize that this is the only file in the library
> and drop the trailing /StdDIS:

As another point of reference, the version of GreenCard that
is distributed with nhc98 has never used the name StdDIS.
It originally used 'import GreenCard', which has recently become
'import NHC.GreenCard' with the advent of the hierarchical libs.

For this reason, I would support the following suggestion:

>   Foreign.GreenCard.hs

for distribution with the main Hugs/ghc version of GreenCard.

Regards,
    Malcolm