monad library

Sven Panne Sven.Panne@informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:52:04 +0200

Simon Marlow wrote:
>>it would clash with the library in base.  do you think it would be a
>>good idea to split it from the base package?   base seems
>>huge as it is already.
>

> Definitely!  Ideally I'd like to see it distributed as a completely
> separate package (pending progress on the library distribution work
> that's going on).  For now, moving it into a separate package under
> fptools/libraries/ would be fine.

Maybe I'm a bit slow today, but what exactly is "it"? The modules below
Control.Monad? Hmmm, they account for less than 3% of the object code
of the base package, and requiring "-package monad" would immediately
break lots of build scripts out there. I'm not sure if this is a good
deal...

Cheers,
    S.