FW: Library infrastructure

Dominic Steinitz dominic.steinitz@blueyonder.co.uk
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:13:25 +0100

I'm not clear what happens at the moment. I had naively assumed that having
created my library that it would be put into the ghc cvs repository and
would then be available in the same way other libraries are when you install
ghc.

Do libraries get put into the ghc cvs repository?

If they do, do they get put into the ghc release?

If they don't then how does someone who wants to use one get hold of it?

My thinking with the crypto library was that there were quite a few crypto
functions available but they were spread out all over the place and had
different interfaces and wouldn't it be useful if there were one library
with a uniform interface.

I'd be happy to help in building a library infrastructure but I think we
should do the minimum possible to deliver the absolutely essential elements
only. How do we capture the requirements?

Do we have anything at all that does some of the job that we can build on?
>From my reading of this thread, I thought Malcolm Wallace had something.

Dominic Steinitz