X11 libraries

Alastair Reid alastair@reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:06:33 +0100

> | I'm hoping to get round to moving the Win32 and HGL libraries over
> | pretty soon as well so whatever answer you give should apply to
> | them too.

> Excellent!  Thank you.

I've just moved X11 and the X11 version of HGL to the libraries part
of the repository.  (In the process, I updated GreenCard to support
all the new FFI types and avoid old ones wherever possible and updated
X11 to use only new FFI types.)

The next step is to move Win32 over into libraries.  This just
requires me to fiddle with my Windows box enough that it can compile
Haskell and C code again.

After that, I'll merge the Win32 version of HGL in with the X11
version.  This will be quite slow since they currently occupy two
completely separate (and differently structured) source trees.

And somewhere in there I'll make sure it still works for Hugs, play
with Haddock and add some compatability libraries so that old code
which uses non-hierarchial names will still compile.

--
Alastair