Process issues (was Re: Lang)

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:54:21 -0000

> This seems reasonable in principle.  There are quite a few attributes
> of each library module that we need to know, quite separate from the
> actual name and source code.  Again, it begs the question of how this
> meta-information will be maintained.  One common database for all
> Haskell compilers/interpreters would be ideal.

Again, I'm wary of getting into this discussion before we've sorted out
some of the other issues, but I'd advocate keeping the meta-information
in the source code.  I have a vision of a single source tree used by all
the compilers, kept in a CVS repo, with documentation generated by
HaskellDoc, and meta-information in the source and hence also the docs.

Cheers,
	Simon