cvs commit: fptools/libraries/core Numeric.hs

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:17:01 +0100

> Simon:
> > Add Numeric library here for the time being.  This is a combination
> > of the H98 Numeric library and a few functions from GHC's NumExts.
>=20
> But if you put extensions in an H98 file, it's hard for users to check
> if they're limiting themselves to the standard.

I haven't gone to much trouble to retain strict H98 interfaces for
libraries moved into the new hierarchy (eg. System.IO) - the differences
are listed in the document in libraries/doc/libraries.sgml.

But you're right, in this instance the library has the same name as the
original H98 library, so the interface should be kept the same for
compatibility (it'll overlap with our H98 compat libraries anyway).

Cheers,
	Simon