module namespaces

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:12:50 -0000

> > For each package, the compiler has a specification telling it=20
>                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> So you'd have to change the compiler (driver script)=20
> if you want to add a package? Yes I know how this works with ghc now,
> but I thought the new namespace proposal could somehow give
> a more uniform solution.

At the moment, or rather in the forthcoming GHC 5.00, the package
specifications are in a configuration file which GHC reads.  GHC has
command line options for installing new packages and deleting existing
ones (actually just installing/deleting the package spec, not the
package itself).

Cheers,
	Simon