[jhc] [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: jhc-0.8.1

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki gtener at gmail.com
Tue May 13 14:48:13 UTC 2014

Thanks for the link on development, somehow I missed that.

The patch works great, correctly detects that the instance is already
there.

After installing few other tools (as well as libwww-perl Arch package) and
switching back to GHC 7.6.3 I was able to successfully run:

~/sandbox/jhc-darcs/jhc/ autoreconf -i && ./configure
--prefix=`pwd`/installdir && make && make install

BTW.: I was also succesful in using a cabal sandbox for any libraries
involved. I simply created one with "cabal sandbox init" and  changed a
line in configure.ac from
GHCFLAGS="-hide-all-packages -package base"
"GHCFLAGS="-hide-all-packages -package base
-package-db=/home/tener/sandbox/jhc-darcs/jhc/.cabal-sandbox/x86_64-linux-ghc-7.6.3-packages.conf.d"

I wonder if support for cabal sandboxes would be a welcome feature for
building jhc?