[jhc] couldn't build jhc-0.8 from the tarball

Daniel Gorín jcpetruzza at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:03:43 CET 2012

Hi John,

In case it helps, I was able to build jhc from the tarball by changing
the line in the Makefile that says

options.mkd: src/Options.hs | jhc

to just

options.mkd: jhc

Incidentally, the newest version of the pretty package (e.g., the one
that comes with ghc 7.4) defines a Monoid instance for Doc, which
conflicts with the one defined in jhc. I just patched the Makefile to
use an older version of the package, I don't know what the usual method
to deal with this is.

Thanks,
Daniel