[jhc] Initial compiling of a source file

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Sat Mar 6 05:05:23 EST 2010

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 01:07:21AM -0500, iæfai wrote:
> I have managed to get jhc compiled with ghc 6.12.1 and used containers 0.2.0.1. But a problem comes up when I want to compile something that uses Data.Map.
>
> Some very basic code:
>

> import Data.Map (Map)
> import Data.Set
>

> When compiled, I get this:
>
> $ jhc logic1.hs
> jhc logic1.hs
> jhc 0.7.4 (-n 0.7.3-1
> )
> Finding Dependencies...
> Using Ho Cache: '/Users/iaefai/.jhc/cache'
> Main                    [logic1.hs]
> Error: Module not found: Data.Map
> Error: Module not found: Data.Set

You want to enable it with '-p containers' on the command line. only
base and haskell98 are loaded by default with the built in
configuration. (these can be overridden with a new targets.ini file)

I don't think make install actually places the documentation anywhere,
it is just built in the directory.

        John