[jhc] apparent jhc bug.

David Roundy roundyd at physics.oregonstate.edu
Mon Sep 7 20:58:32 EDT 2009

Hi John,

I'm getting the following failure, which looks to me like a compiler
bug.  I've cleared my cache, and rebuilt jhc from scratch, so this
time I think it's a real bug.

Compiling...
[ 1 of 13] System.C.Stdio   user error (lookupExtTypeInfo: (ELit
((#2#) (ELit (Jhc.Prim.World__::ESort #)) (ELit
(Foreign.C.Types.CInt::ESort *))::ESort #),ELit ((#2#) (ELit
(Jhc.Prim.World__::ESort #)) (ELit (Foreign.C.Types.CInt::ESort
*))::ESort #)))

The code is unfortunately somewhat large.  You can (once again) get it at

darcs get http://abridgegame.org/concurrency

You can either build it using a very recent franchise and ./Setup.hs
configure --jhc, or you could use the attached base-alt.config, and
compile with something like

jhc -ijhc -ibase -ialt --noauto -isrc --dependencies base-alt.jhc-deps
--build-hl base-alt.config

As you may be able to gather, I've not yet been able to kick the habit
of hacking on jhc's library.

It's possible that this error is due to a bug I've introduced (I
certainly introduced plenty along the way), but since it type checked,
I think it ought to succeed in the compile stage.
--
David Roundy