[jhc] darcs patch: add --dependencies option to output file dependencies.

David Roundy roundyd at physics.oregonstate.edu
Fri Sep 4 11:16:50 EDT 2009

Hi John,

Part of this is very hokey, since I had trouble tracking which files
led to which libraries (your data types are a bit confusing).  I'm
also flexible on the option naming and details (e.g. is it important
to be able to handle filenames with embedded newlines?).  The idea,
obviously, is to enable franchise to know when to rebuild.  It could
also be used with Makefiles, so we might also prefer a more
make-friendly output.

Oh, and it doesn't track dependencies on included files.  To do that,
we'd need help from the C preprocessor, which would be nice to
add--but not critical.

David

Fri Sep  4 10:45:18 EDT 2009  David Roundy <roundyd at physics.oregonstate.edu>
  * add --dependencies option to output file dependencies.